Pages

Monday 9 May 2011

Project 2 Illustrator @.@

So after finally settling on a model to work with in the week before the semester break I had to immediately convert it into a vector laser cutout in illustrator. I soon found that this was easier said than done and during the 3 hour studio I fumbled around illustrator trying to desperately to create something to get into hand-in folder.

Trial Number 1
trial Number 2

Final Version
Revised Final Version

I printed the laser cutting sheet out, stuck it on cardboard and cut it out to see how the sizes worked:

Hey this is looking pretty good

It didnt turn out all that badly but I definitely underestimated the time I needed in learning how to use illustrator, and I realised the only mistake I did make was that I forgot scale up some slots  as copied and scaled down some of the cutout images. Which they seemed to be happy letting me fix by allowing me to send them another copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment