Pages

Monday 9 May 2011

Project 2 Begins!

So After been given the brief on project 2. We found out that we had to find new inspiration to add to our Project 1 iterations and come up with something new for the laser cut models and at first I wasn't really sure how to start. This was simply due to the fact that I really liked my 3D Hero shot iteration and I found it difficult to try and come up with new stuff to add to it. I did know atleast that I wanted to make my model out of acrylic as I liked it over cardboard more for its aesthetics and rigid values.

Eventually I decided to start this project by trying to create my 3D model hero render in cardboard and see if it inspired any new ideas.

This was pretty simple to do, since the 3D model wasnt too different from the original layers I started off with with my first iteration. So it was a simple matter of organing them, printing them off, sticking them on cardboard and cutting them out.
























After playing around with them for a bit I realised it would be a very difficult model to constuct out of either acrylic or cardboard as it would be very frustrating to perfectly bend it to the right state plus I wasn't sure how I would make the inner gear and ring work when they were seperated from each other.

At this point I dropped the idea of using my hero 3d image and decided to look for new inspiration instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment